Attending the 2020 SNAME Maritime Convention - A Virtual Event - will be the most cost‐effective professional and organizational development choice you make in 2020. It is the most relevant and densely‐packed educational and networking opportunity available to marine professionals like you - all without the travel expenses or extended time away from the office.
The informative keynote addresses and technical sessions, as well as other learning and networking opportunities will enable you to expand your industry knowledge, learn about game‐changing trends, share new ways to improve productivity and competitiveness, and enhance the practice of marine engineering.
However, we understand that the pandemic and economy are leading to many budgets being reduced or eliminated. Here are tips to support your case to attend SMC 2020:
- Focus specifically on what you will bring back to the organization as return for the investment, and how this will benefit your work, your organization’s goals, and the community. For example, what sessions will you attend and what immediate impact will they have on your work? What exhibitors will you visit in the virtual expo hall and how will this help your organization? Which experts will you have access to and what knowledge would you bring back to share with your organization?
- After the conference you will take valuable knowledge away with you. Offer to deliver a briefing to your colleagues and/or the management team to share what you learned so that others in your organization will receive the benefits of your attendance, too.
- SMC 2020 is broken down over several days so that your time away from the office will be minimized, but be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the virtual event.
- Ask “what is the cost of NOT attending,” in terms of both your ability to stay abreast of new developments and missing valuable tools, perspectives, and relationships that will help your organization anticipate, adapt, and take action.
- Be sure to check out the registration page where all the various rates are listed to see if you qualify for any of the lower rates or discounts. Don’t miss the early-bird deadline of August 31, 2020, and if you're not already a SNAME member, be sure to join during registration for additional savings!